Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

apps not downloading with bb app world

I just got a new bb bold 9780. I am getting errors when I try to download any apps. I have deleted and reinstalled bb app world twice, and that hasn't helped. I am able to search for apps, and click download, then I get a series of errors:

1. sometimes it just sits on starting download for hours/days

2. somestimes I get an error that says this app not available for download from bb app world (I even got this error when trying to download an update for bb app world! lol

3. sometimes I get an error saying can not connect to bb app world, please check your connection

My connection is fine, as I can browse the internet no problem. It's not any individual app issue because I've tried multiple apps.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: apps not downloading with bb app world

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. 

Whenever I try and download the app it says this App is not available for download

through the app world.

With multiple apps and also with BB App World! I managed to download the latest

App world from the BB website but that has not solved the issue. It is very annoying.

that apps cannot be downloaded from an app designed for that very purpose.

Apart from this the BB internet works fine.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having desame problem about the bb app? Plss we need some help? Any help would be aprreciated?thank you?
Highlighted
Contributor

Same I have same problem.previously I cld bt suiddenly l can't even download RIM applications that include the latest facebook upgrade!
New Contributor

Please has anybody found the solution to this? If so reply thank you
New Contributor

I thinkwe need to contact bb, or else Ill just have to do it on the comp. Install the new version change my network settings and stuff, maybe I might use Charles debugging proxy to see what's up. Maybe and XML file maybe screwing ir up it usually does, my friend got the 9780 before it was preinstalled wit OS 6 and when I installed it on his fone bb world worked perfectly... FML if I this is the problem or maybe wifi plane, try changing your mobile network settings to Mobile Network Preferred or Mobile Network Only
Contributor

Please check a similar thread I also put on March 8 entitled "Failure to download via blackberry App World" one guy has put up some interesting info abt this problem that might help you guys.
Contributor

By the way the post is under BLACK APP WORLD - General Discussions,then seacrch for "Failure to download via blackberry App World" posted by Luvjones
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

So, I found the solution!

Basically there seems to be a glitch in the bbapp world. I know that I was using the proper email and password that I have used many times to download new apps. Somehow that combination no longer works. In order to fix the problem simply:

That's it! You will need to use a new email address, so that's annoying, but it works.

It's a very simple fix!

The old email/password combination is in no man's land. Can't explain that part. I also can't explain why it doesn't come up with an error when I enter the password to say that it's not working. It shows that I'm signed in, it just doesn't allow me to download anyting.

Anyway, can't complain too much since it's such a simple fix.

good luck everyone!

If you don't know how to sign up for a new BBappworld ID do the following:

-click on the bbappworld icon

-select the my world icon

-hit the menu button while in my world

-select log out

-select the my world icon again

-scroll up to Create a BlackBerry ID

That's it!

Developer
My Device: 9700

I've been getting several emails a day from potential customers telling me they can't purchase my apps.

I hope RIM resolves this issue immediately