Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Claro Argentina

auto locking the keyboard in curve 9300

Hello, i would like to know if there is a way, with the phone by itself or with any app, to auto lock the keyboard.

In any nokia phone (the old ones, not smartphones) you can set it to auto lock after X seconds you didnt use the phone. Thats what I need.

The thing is, i have the phone locked in my pocket. I recieve a call, I answer it, and when I finish, the phone stay unlocked. I forguet to lock it again, put in my pocket, and hell unleashes (phone calls, messages, and more without wanting).

So, I want my phone to lock itself after 15 sefonds in stand by. And to stay locked after i recieve a call.

Thanks in advance.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: auto locking the keyboard in curve 9300

Hey Mr elancio,

The device does not have a setting to lock the key board automatically; you can set a security password to lock the device, but you will need to use a password to unlock each time:

Go to Options> Password> Change the Password field to Enabled.

Set the Lock after time and check off allow out going calls while locked

I hope this helps.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Carrier: Claro Argentina

Thanks Hatchback. It doesent help. I have been using that, but the phone goes slow after you unlock it. It runs the same way it would do when you reboot it by pulling the battery. Very slow at the first seconds...

Thannks anyway...
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I see that wanting a standard keypad lock is the topic of a number of threads.  Certainly as a new user it is my first and only annoyance with the phone so far.

I also see that routine reply is to say use password lock, which seems to be unpopular.

What I haven't seen is anything to the effect that BB acknowledge that this is a significantly desirable feature sort by customers and that updates a being worked on now that will come through shortly.  But Is this the case?

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Alternatively you press the mute key on the top right of your device when your device is on standby mode. This works perfectly as key lock but not as AUTO key lock...you'll have to press it manually.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Apologies, I omitted the word AUTO in my post, as is in the title of this thread and the many others referred to.  Most if not all submitters in these threads appear to be aware of the options provided and explained in the manuals, as I am.

Is it technically difficult to include AUTO Keypad Lock?

kho
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: o2

[ Edited ]

ohhhhhhhh ! its not on the key pad but top of the BB outside edge . feel numpty .thanks