Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

backup blackberry to ipad

I have a user that is asking if they can backup their blackberry to their ipad. I dont know much about macs or ipads, is there a way to do this? does the mac desktop manager run on the ipad?

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: backup blackberry to ipad

The Desktop Manager on;y synchronizes with BlackBerries, NO other types of devices

What information from the BlackBerry did they want on their iPad?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I don't think they meant backing up the iPad with Desktop Manager. I think he meant using Desktop manager as a solution on the actual iPad FOR the blackberry.

A. there's no (and probably wont ever be) a Desktop Manager version for the iPad

B. there's no way to connect the BlackBerry directly to the iPad anyway

Perhaps they wanted to sync the BB PIM data to the iPad? That would require a computer as a middle man, but it's possible.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the info. The user wanted to get her blackberry contacts and calender on her ipad. I told her she will need to continue to backup her blackberry to her pc or mac, and then i believe she can use itunes to get the contacts onto her ipad. i will have to look up how to do that.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Yes that is certainly do-able. Check out this Apple KB article

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1386

There's a "Sync" tab in iTunes and you can choose to sync with Outlook

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Since I've been using RIM's Desktop Manager for my Bold 9700 I've noticed that it easily utilizes all of Apple's software for contact backups, etc. Ie; Mail, Address Book, iCal... heck, I had no idea it would do that when I decided on the Bold9700 and it's been a cinch for me ever since. My wife's iPod Touch, of course, uses all of Apple's same contact software to, well, sync contacts so I don't see how synchronizing where the BB data overwrites the data on Apple's contact software then syncing with the iPad/iPod/iPhone etcetera won't work.

New Contributor

here's how I do it:

1. Chose to sync your BB with the MS Outlook (using the BB software). There are many options to configure it and you can find it easy to follow.

2. In the other hand, who has an iPad obviously has it syncronised with the iTunes. It has an option @ the information tab, which allows it to sync with MS Outlook too.

If you have this 2 steps configured and you conect the 3 machines, you will have them syncronized and working.

Rikadus

Hello Do you know when you sync to outlook on the Ipad can you add or change any info or appointments on the Ipad or will it just be there to view

New Contributor

Sure

It actualize and merge the last change where ever u've done it.

and you can change add or delete the info in any device. Do it in one of them, it actualize in all the others.

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9220
My Carrier: 81556713

if you are facing problem while transferring blackberry to ipad than you can use iPad backup software. with the help of this software you can send data to ipad.

For more infromationhttp://www.backup-ipad.net/faq-ipad-backup.php