Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9670
My Carrier: sprint

battery 9670

I'm so not happy right now.. My first Blackberry was awesome until the rolling track ball broke. I have had blackberry's for years, this last one has done me in. When I first got this phone the battery kept getting hot and not wanting to hold a charge. I went back to Sprint 3 different times to get it looked at and I have 3 different batteries. Now I'm having more problems getting it to charge. If I get the right angle on the charger it will charge so there's something either loose or not right with the plug in on the side of the phone. I'm 25 day's away from being eligible for a new phone.
And all I've heard from Sprint is money money money.. you can upgrade for $50.00 or we can see if it can be fixed for $35- I'm 25 day's away from a new phone..why would I keep paying?
I have 3 different batteries for this phone.. all I know is to keep changing them as they go down.. of course changing them takes 20 minutes for the programs to reboot. I'm running out of options for this phone!
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: battery 9670

It sounds like the USB port on the 9670 is going bad. I know that's not good and not what you may want to hear, but from your description, that's it.

With less than a month left, I wouldn't pay to get it repaired.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9670
My Carrier: sprint

Re: battery 9670

Exactly! They won't let me renew unless I pay 50.00 an they won't repair it unless I pay more money an the **bleep** at sprint tried to tell me I should pay more an get their home phone! Now what the heck good is home service going to do me when I'm at work! I've gotten nothing but the run around from sprint! An no one stepping up to claim responsibility..its all my issue.
I've gotten 3 different batteries from sprint- an now that I'm 25 days out they refuse to help without more money! Its all about the money!
I can get a new phone dec 1st an if I port it to a different carrier before Feb they are going to charge me more $ for breaking contract!