Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

battery charge issues

I have a VZW BB Curve and have a question on battery life. When I am in my office, the cell reception is virtually nonexistent. On work days my battery is nearly run down by the end of the day. On the weekends, when I use the phone more, the charge lasts forever. I assume that the phone searching for a signal is what is draining the battery. So how can I get it to stop looking for a signal, or looking for email, if that is the issue, so the battery does not drain.

Thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

Re: battery charge issues

Yes that is what is causing your battery drain. To stop the BlackBerry from looking for service or receiving data you need to turn the radio off. scroll down to the icon that looks like a radio tower it says manage connections. You can tell it to turn the connection off and then just tell it to turn it back on when you leave. Just remember while the connection is off you will not be able to receive calls or email.
Contributor

That's what I thought. So I have to manually turn the connection on and off, right?
Regular Contributor

Yep.
Contributor

That's a PITA! Oh well, thanks!
Regular Contributor

One other option is to have your phone turn off and on at a certain time. The downside to that is that you couldn't use its other features at the times it was off, but it can turn off and on automatically at a schedule you set. To set this go to options>auto on/off and set it for the schedule you require.
Contributor

That's a good possible option. I guess I wouldn't be alerted to voice mails, but I could live with that.
Regular Contributor

All alerts will come when your phone turns back on, you just wouldn't get them as they happened.