Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Passport
My Carrier: O2

battery charging light not functioning

in the beginning, my BB gave a lovely green and red light indicating the battery was charging, and a solid green light indicating the charge was complete.

somewhere along the line, this function has been shut off inadvertantly and in some mysterious manner i cannot comprehend.

if anyone can tell me how to get that feature BACK ON i'd appreciate it Smiley Very Happy it is alwys helpful to KNOW it IS in fact charging, and when it is finished!

...and i'd like to know HOW i shut it ioff so i don't do it again!

thanks,

A.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Re: battery charging light not functioning

options>screen keyboard>led coverage set to on

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

hmmm.don't know when that was turned off, but i have it back on now, thanks Smiley Happy

BUT-

now the green light is flashing on and off repeatedly. does this mean anything at all? i charged the phoine overnight last night so it shouldn't be begging for power...

A.

Forums Advisor III

the green light means you have service

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

interesting, because having an incessantly blinking green light is new. it never did that before, [when i had service] back when the charge indicator light came on and indicated it was charging/done charging.

or is this loight entirely something else?

i was talking about the light that indicates and ONLY indicates the BB is currently having it's battery charged, and changing colour to indicate the charge is complete...

it seems to me this setting is just there to remind youthat you have phone service.

are you sure we are talking about the same thing here???

Forums Advisor III

this is the info for the led:

The light-emitting diode (LED) on the top of the BlackBerry smartphone flashes different colors to indicate various states. The table below describes what the colors represent.

Color Description Green The BlackBerry smartphone is in an area of wireless coverage. Red A new message has arrived. Amber The battery is low. Blue The BlackBerry smartphone is connected to a device enabled with Bluetooth® wireless technology.

fascinating new inforamtion.

it NEVER flashed green before, ever. ever, ever, ever.

never!

it only began doing this after i -presumably- 'restored the ability for it to notify me just what condition the battery charging is in', after that feature mysteriously stopped...

...and yes, i always had wireless coverage all along before, when it never blinked green. i actually find that flashing light pretty aggrivating on the eyes. seems to me the indicator on the screen itself is sufficient to let me know if i have coverage or not.

i liked it better when it never flashed- BUT always indicated the battery charging condition!

is there no way to restore that?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

i am understanding what you are saying a-girl.... you're talking about the CHARGING INDICATOR.

it flashes green while charging (which i sorta find kind of annoying when i charge it overnight), and then it turns to solid green when it is done charging.

i recently notices, on 2 occasions, that the light did not turn on when i plugged my charger in. to me meant that it wasn't charging. (so while i was happy the green menace wouldn't be annoying me in the dark, i was more concerned about waking up with a low battery.)

all i did was unplug the charger, and then plug it back in, and the green menace resumed it's charging blink.

i, personally, would not want the phone blinking all the time to tell me i have service. i live in a metro area, so it's a pretty safe bet that i always have service.

hope you can fix your charging indicator as easily as i did...... 

[ Edited ]

i think i hate this server more than that blinking green light. i dislike re-typing a reply letter like this again and again AND AGAIN just because after hitting the 'post' button you get that hateful message telling you your connection was lost.

GRRR

..and people wonder why my posts always sound so sarcastic in tone- it's because i have to type themover and over again! sheesh!

ANYWAY-

the suggestion provided couldn't be more wrong. filmgirl is right- that setting has nothing to do with actual led lights happening during charging the battery.

THAT suggestion/setting is for [incomprehensible as it seems] having the light blinking on and off to remind you [every second] that you have phone service available!you have phone service available!you have phone service available!you have phone service available!you have phone service available!you have phone service available!you have phone service available!you have phone service available!you have phone service available!you have phone service available!you have phone service available!

GEEZ- i turned that OFF again.

what i DO WANT is for that led charging the battery indicator to be happenign again during charging.

call me crazy but i LIKE seeing the red/green light during a charge and the solid green to indicate the charge is complete. i put the BB in a different partof the home during charging overnight so the light doesn't bug me Smiley Wink

it seems every day either i suddenly have some bizarre new feature i despise suddenly happening or a feature i liked a lot has suddenly been turned off. GRRR

Message Edited by andromeda_girl on 02-09-2009 08:44 PM
Contributor
My Device: storm 9530 verizon wireless

I never saw a green light the first 2 weeks or so I had my 9530, and then one day when plugging in, the green light comes on flashing. Startled me at first. Then in the morning it's on solid. It might have started after I installed .99, but I'm not sure about that. I would do a battery pull and then see it's behaviour.