Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: *

battery drain prob.

[ Edited ]

my bold 9780 switch of automatically when battery display 50%. please help me. i am so sad

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S

Re: battery drain prob.

Hello virendersingh,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Some time our BlackBerry devices may feel warm say a long browsing session , playing games ,countinous download or while charging Or if applications run in the background . If we press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) you can always look if any other apps. are running in the background.

Also always try to Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application. Don't leave your Browser open when not in use. If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating and also quick battery drainage. Please have a look at those Article I hopeit will help you a lot in overcoming your problems  :

KB14320 : How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone.

KB31531 : BlackBerry 7 smartphone may feel warm during use

Hi virendersingh,

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Advanced System Setting > BlackBerry Device analyzer > Run the Battery test to know about the issue .

Or on your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management . Move your trackpad right or left within it show CPU Usuages , it will atleast give you an idea which application is using your resources .

Check it and see if any app is responsible for the issue .

Regading Charging issue , our BlackBerry Battery are lithium ion battery it won't take too much time to charge , it can attain a full charge ( 100% ) within 2hrs. If your device is taking too much time then be sure you have connected to a wall socket which has a good and constant power supply .Or you have to visit your service provider to check if it's a hardware fault.

VIA | Elite II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Still-heating-up-and-battery-drains-out/m-p/...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
Contributor
My Device: bold 9780

its not my prob., my problem is suddunlly off on 50% battery remain. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................