Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2-UK

battery drained phone wont start up or charge

i recently bought a curve 9360 about 5months ago. recently my battery drained and the phone shut down, when i plugged the charger in the red led stays on for about 10-20 secs then goes off. is my phone still charging but just wont turn on? or could there be a problem with my phone as my charger works in other phones

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: battery drained phone wont start up or charge

How long have you left it to charge?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

its been on charge for an hour or so and still no luck

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Try removing the battery to try and reboot the device. It's possible that something else went wrong with the device. If that doesn't work I would contact your wireless service provider.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor

i have tried removing and reinserting battery twice while it has been connected to charger. most that happens is the red led will come on again for a few secs. thankyou for your help Smiley Happy