01-16-2012 09:12 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
01-16-2012 11:09 AM
Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.
On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V
01-16-2012 12:55 PM
I was in a similar dilemma a couple of days ago! Follow these simple steps to prolong the battery charge span:
1. Close background apps - mainly Twitter and other third party non OS stuff. Some keep running like BBM, telephone, browser.
2. Change setting from 2G/3G to just 2G mode.
3. Adjust down background display light setting to 60% or lower.
4. Turn off wifi and bluetooth. Use only when required.
5. Switch mobile off by the miniature button at display head when not using or get the original BB leather sleeve case with magnetic catch which turns off phone (sleep mode) when you store in sleeve. Calls can be received in this mode.
6. Make sure that you CLOSE any app after use, not just move to another one while others run in the background.
I carried out the above and haven't charged the phone since yesterday with minimal telephone and text use and its still 50%+. Now the battery charge retention is almost neck to neck with my iphone! And that BB leather case is top quality - Good stuff!