Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

battery not charging

I have had a storm since December. In just the last few weeks I would plug in the unit at night (the indicator shows it's charging) but in the morning it would not have any more juice than when I left it. The only way to get it to accept a new charge is to remove the battery and reboot. This is obnoxious since it is required every 3-4 charges. What's up? Thanks... Steve
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: battery not charging

[ Edited ]

This has happened to me before and seemed to be an operating system issue (perhaps due to a corrupted file or files).  You can wait to see if someone else has another suggestion, but my suggestion is to attempt to reload your operating system as this has worked for me in the past.  You can get easy to follow instructions for this here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=9500&thread.id=29813

Don't forget to back up your device first though!

EDIT:  Just to add, if this doesn't work, there may be a hardware issue with your phone.  In this case, you can take the phone in and inform them of the trouble-shooting steps you've taken.

Message Edited by Krypto on 05-20-2009 10:19 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having the exact same issue, starting about 2 weeks ago too. My battery will not accept a charge from the car charger or a 3rd party charger I've used many times before. Now when I connect it, it will show the charging indicator for a minute or less then the indicator disappears and it will not charge..

When I connect the phone to the wall charger that came with the phone, it will usually charge just fine.

Verizon has no answers at all.h

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOld

Wow, I just had a strange one. The battery on my berry wasn't charging anymore. Turning it off and on didn't help. Charged via charger or USB, neither would work. Battery would just continue to show low. It would not even show that it's charging, but the phone actually never shutdown or kill the wireless as it would do automatically normally when the battery is low.

I then turned it off and removed the battery, the sim, and the memory card. Then put it all back and plugged it in to charge, it then showed the battery as fully charged!

Buggy huh? ^^

New Contributor
My Device: storm 9500 series

pls somebody should help with this problem...cos i am having the same issues here and mine is worst becos my BB is refusing all my chargers

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOld

Did you try to remove the battery and then the sim card?

Then, wait a minute, and then plug the sim card and battery back in. Then see if it accepts the charger again.

Let us know if that helps.