Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

battery problems

I  have a BBPearl with a c-m2 yellow battery.

It does not hold a charge.

The battery has begun to swell which has caused

pressure on the back removable plate and has

caused it to crack.

I have put tape across the back to hold it in place

but this is no solution.

I feel that I am entittled to a replacement battery and

back plate.

How do I proceed?

Thank you

N Kabak

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: battery problems

Hi there,

If this is the case, stop using the battery immediately. A swelling battery indicates a serious problem with the battery and there is actually a risk that the battery could explode. Typically speaking, if you do not do anything to help mediate the problem and something happens, you will be responsible.

That said, if you want to, talk to your carrier as they are the primary point of support for your BlackBerry. If your phone is still under warranty, they may replace your battery. If the phone is no longer under warranty, you will need to buy a new battery (and I would not wait).

Note: this sort of issue typically occurs due to misuse. The most common reason for battery issues is exposure to extreme temperatures. For example, things can happen if you leave your phone out in the sun or if you place it in a hot area out of the recommended operating temperatures.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!