Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: battery symbol with blue lightning bolt on white screen

Here is a link to Bifocals comments on capital letters

http://less-is-more.typepad.com/less_is_more/2006/11/writing_in_all_.html

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Not Specified

I had this happen to me as I let my battery drain all the way out once when I was on vacation and I had the exact same problem trying to recharge my battery that you report with my cheapo car charger. When I bought an expenise quick charger it charged right up. I'm thinking it didn't get enough juice from the crappy charger that it needed to get restarted or something. Just a thought...

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

I did the same thing last night. Nodded out before I charged the BB.

I use a charging cradle, and it charged up this morning.

I did notice that my radio turned off and I had to restore connections.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

hi eze i have the same problem in my 8320, did u fix it??? if u did it tell me how beacuse this problem is making me crazy, mi BB is dead!!! thanks!!! Smiley Very Happy

I've tried to wipe the phone using JI Cmder, however it does not sync with the device.  I've also tried to follow the steps using the command prompt technique, but it still does not synch with my phone.  Any thoughts?
eze
Contributor

Sorry I have been away for some time. I have become quite the expert in regards to the bb o.s and repairs! lol! seriously.

If you can not resolve this problem by wiping your phone and instslling a new o.s. then what has happened is that a contact on the board in the phone has broken,either by dropping it,banging it or something to that effect.The phone simply does not recognize the presence of a battery.After all that I did to remedy the problem ,what I recommend is to get a new phone. This I am sure of this. eze out.

Highlighted
Contributor

eze,

I disagree with you.... I get the same issue and the phone will not boot at all, even if it is plugged in.

Had the same problem. Solved by removing battery and leaving charger plug in.  Then reinserted battery, after 30sec device loaded and battery charged to full power and hold charge.

SDRBIRD, thanks for the tip - this worked for me.  Was beginning to worry, especially after seeing overkill - and in this case wrong - solutions suggested above.  

Removing 'phone from USB connection to laptop, connection to normal wall-charger got the battery charging again after a (slightly anxious) wait of about 10 minutes, and all is now returning to normal.   No need after all to mess about wiping OS's, no need to ditch the 'phone. 

The battery just needed a proper charge from a standard charger, rather than - in this case - via a laptop connection.   (Need to look into the laptop issue, suspect missing drivers may have meant charging that way was too minimal to do the job properly, but that's a different matter.)

All healthy again.  Thanks!

Sweet this worked for me as well.  

What happened.

My phone was left out in a torrential downpour (could see water behind the screen).  I did the rice drying trick and it booted back up no worries.  Then 3 weeks later I let the battery completely die and it never booted back up.  I even tried removing and reinstalling the battery with the charger still plugged in with no luck.

But combining what i've read in this forum with the trick SDRBIRD mentioned and now it's working great.  Just had to use the wall charger and not charge it off the computer.