Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: 02

battery symbol with red cross wont charge

ive had a blackberry crbe for about 4 months it is brillaiunt condition , but all fo a sudden the phone switched off and now wont turn on . ive tryed charging it but all that comes up is a empty battery sign with a red cross

i had it on charge all night and have tryed 3 different chargers and 2 batterys and still nothing ?

help ?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: battery symbol with red cross wont charge

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given what you describe, I think you've done all of the diagnostics that you can...kudo's to you for having thought to try what you did! But, what it indicates is a hardware-level problem in the BB itself, somehow not communicating properly with the battery. For this, only a qualified service technician with the BB in their hands can diagnose any further...and that can't be done at an internet-distance.

If your BB is still under warranty, then take it in for evaluation. Your warranty service provider is whoever you bought the BB from -- your mobile network provider or your authorized reseller would be who you go talk to next.

If your BB is out of warranty, then you can talk to those same folks about other options.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................