Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: bb curve not syncing with my dell desktop

When you have your BB connected , on your PC go into control panel - system - devicemanager and see if there are any conflicts (yellow).

Have you tried another cable?

Also: When you start the Desktop software, it starts  process called BBDEVMGR.exe its on your systray, this manages the connection between PC and BB. When you stop the Desktop the BBDEVmgr.exe doesn't end. You have to reboot or end the process through task manager. Now that you have the new drivers, do a cold start on the PC and try to connect again. Maybe try another cable or USB pot.

Let me know!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: curve 8330 verizon

LOL! UNREAL.... i took in the usb cable and told them i think this is whats wrong!they plugged it into there cpu with my phone and nothing...same thing as mine error popped up!they plugged a new one into my phone and what do you no...magic it works perfect now!!! i spent 3 days 10-12 hrs. trying to figure this out and its a stupid usb cable....unreal    thanks again for alllll your help bifocals!    now i need to fix my other BIG problem my etyblue bluetooth wont stay connected to my bb!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

beetle wrote:
i spent 3 days 10-12 hrs. trying to figure this out and its a stupid usb cable....unreal
Glad you solved that issue. Can you tell us whether it was the USB cable from your Blackberry box ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

[ Edited ]

Glad you got it running Beetle!

If you wouldn't mind would you resolve the issue? (you're the only one that can do it) it's in the options over the Kudos.

That way other users can find the solutions faster.

Thank you very much.

And Congrats!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-09-2008 01:33 PM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

hi guys! yes it was the usb cable that came with the phone! bifocals what are u talking about in the options?what am i supposed to do...i'm new remember..lol  how do i change the settings in the forum to email me when like u guys responded to this so i would get a email and no it?

Guru I

Re: ebb curve not syncing with my dell desktop

[ Edited ]

Beetle,

Go over to the Kudos star and there are options over it, select resolved by the post that resolved your problem.

Kudo are at you discretion. They are for all the people in the post that all helped to get you to your solution!

Thanks,

When you post there is a message on the bottom left corner that says email me when someone replies!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-12-2008 04:05 PM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-12-2008 04:06 PM

Contributor

ok, did i do it right bifocals?  the solved issue was a NEW USB CABLE!
Guru I

Right as rain Beetle Smiley Happy

Contributor

ok thanks for all the help!