Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry pearl
My Carrier: sprint

bb pin

so my fiance just moved to canada and international rates are outrageous.. i used to have a blackberry buit now have a new phone.  can i use my bb pin if tht phone is not activated?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: bb pin

Each and every BlackBerry phone has its own unique PIN. If that phone is not activated, that PIN cannot be used by another phone. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry pearl
My Carrier: sprint

i understand that it cant be used on another phone, i just did not know if the pin would work if the phone is not in service. like it is turned on but not activated by teh phone company.. you know? just use it for the pin messaging

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

In order to use any PIN for messaging, the phone to which the PIN belongs must have a SIM card with a proper BlackBerry data plan associated with it.  You can only use that phone with that PIN for messaging with that PIN.

I hope I'm understanding your question properly.  To make it easier, if you don't have a SIM card with a BlackBerry data plan on that phone, you won't be doing any messaging with that PIN.

Please let me know if I got that right.  Smiley Happy

EDIT:  Okay, I just re-read your question and here's the simple answer:  no, you can't use it without activating that phone.  There, I'm sure I got it that time.  Smiley Wink

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.