Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

bb storm 2 9550 verizon in malaysia

hello..
I'm from malaysia actually,using bb storm 2 9550 verizon unlocked had tried to use all malaysia carriers eg. Maxis,Celcom,Digi also U Mobile.All these carriers (gsm) make me dissapointed on making BIS even BBM.
Hopefully can anyone help me,also to all bb storm 2 9550 users in Malaysia.
Thanks..
My Device: 9550
My Carrier: Celcom

Re: bb storm 2 9550 verizon in malaysia

Hi,

For your information, there isn't any telco in Malaysia support BB 9550. So, you can either change to another model or just use the BB as basic phone. As being confirmed by Verizon, BB9550 is only supported within USA only. 

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

thanks anyway..
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: U Mobile

Hey, i'm wondering if there's any update regarding any telco in malaysia that provides BIS for storm 2 9550 since the last post about this is months ago. just to share, i tried subscribing to u mobile BIS on my bb storm 2 9550 and i was connected to BIS  for a few hours, managed to go on facebook and BBM before i got disconnected. i've tried calling u mobile's hotline for dozens of times, but never got connected to their call centre. i don't have the time to go to their service centre and right now i'm just frustrated with u mobile's services. so i'm planning to switch to another telco (if there is any other that can support BIS for this model). so if there's any update regarding this, do reply to this, or else i'm gonna have to just stick to u mobile and pray that they can help with my BIS connection problem. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: U Mobile

hey so is your problem solved already? which Malaysian telco are you currently using on your storm 2 9550? please share, i'm having the same bb model and i am a newbie Smiley Very Happy

My Device: Blackberry 9550
My Carrier: Maxis & Digi

Storm 9550 verizon confirm cannot use BIS & BBM?am trying til fedup...frust !

Possible if I reformat the phone but what should i install....

My Device: 9550
My Carrier: celcom

Hi, Its true no provider in Malaysia Support verizon. Since I m having one using the Celcom provider I still keep on using 9550. Alternatively what I do is that I still register my BIS with Celcom. On the other hand I ll keep my Wifi on. As I enter any wifi area such at the office or at home, my push email will activate. So do the internet browser it also work.. OR you may carry any wifi device such as YES Hurdle. This work around the clock. Rgd Wan Yusoff
My Device: Blackberry 9550
My Carrier: celcom

Really ashamed that all telco in malaysia didn't support this model as most of telco in indonesia support this model..such ashamed!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Digi

Just wonder why people still puting hope on this model. I believe this problem had been known to everyone for quite long period. Anyway, I had abandon my blackbery phone and go for Android phone which much better as it is with free platform and no more worry of this kind nonsense issue.