Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: 9300 & 8520
My Carrier: MTN & CELL C
Accepted Solution

bb9300 freezes

My BB 9300 Freezes 3/4 times  a day. This started only after I updated my software via the BB desktop PC, WHICH I did few days ago.It also tells me FREE SPACE :15MB. Prior to the update it was 32mb????

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: bb9300 freezes

alimayet wrote:

My BB 9300 Freezes 3/4 times  a day. This started only after I updated my software via the BB desktop PC, WHICH I did few days ago.It also tells me FREE SPACE :15MB. Prior to the update it was 32mb????

Hi alimayet

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

AS you mentioned you updated your device OS so I assume you updated your device to OS6 , is it correct ! OS6 consume more memory then OS5 , so if your device freezes continously then please remove some application  that you use rarely and also any additional language packs so that your device can get some free memory .

Also check this Knowledge Base for maximizing free space on our BlackBerry :

KB14320  How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Yes IT IS 6.0..0.570

I updated to version 6 during 2012 and further updated to ...570  last week.

When I updated in 2012, I had no problem but on the 2nd Update[....570] it started.

Can I revert to version 5, if yes how?

I have deleted few App. and just got at the most 3Apps[ small apps.] and it still Freezes!!!

REFORMAT???????

Elite II

Hi alimayet

I think you have something else stored on your device memory other then those 3 application, Do you have a Media Card on your device and where are your media files stored ?Have you enabled Media Card support on your device ,  please check that , if you have stored on your device memory then transfer those files to your Media Card , for that check this Knowledge Base :

KB05478 Transfer  files  between  the Media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone.

Also As I said remove any additional language from your device, have you enabled Memory Cleaner  on your device ? Check Options > Security > Memory Cleaner, If it is enabled then please Disable it,  It can also cause freezing and clocking.

Of course you can Downgrade your device to OS5 , if you want that and want assistance please let us know.But many users are running OS6 on there BlackBerry Curve 9300 without any issues , so I suggest first try those steps and if those fails then you can try downgrading your OS.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Highlighted
Contributor

Yes there was some pictures and music files on device, I have copy/paste to media and my memory kb is back.
wow
thank you
Elite II

Hi alimayet

Wow that great  Smiley Happy  We are glad that you are able to fix the memory issue .

Cheers !