Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

bbm help plz !!

Help plz I just got a bb and want to restore my old pin it says restore via email which is right then open email and says blackberry have to authrouise it have been waiting days no luck??
Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: bbm help plz !!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

VIA |   Hall of Famer II

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/How-to-regain-access-to-your-BBID/td-p/25467...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve
My Carrier: 8900

Hi, please help me, I downloaded BBM on my 8900 curve and I can't access it because it keeps telling me that I downloaded it with Blackberry Software desktop and all my contacts are saved on my BBID. I still can't access my BBM and I didn't download it on my desktop, please help me Smiley Sad

Thank you.
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Hi . .

The best way for OS 6 or 7 is to have their BB ID info and will restore all the BBM Contacts by itself.

For the OS 5 devices you need to take the Backup of the old device by desktop manager and restore it on the new ones. 

Thanks.

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
Super Contributor

Please try the below procedure . .

STEP ONE: Registering your email address and creating a backup

1. Open BlackBerry Messenger
  2. Press the Menu key
  3. Select Options
  4. Select Back Up
  5. Select Back up files remotely
  6. A listing of email addresses that are associated with your BlackBerry smartphone will appear. Highlight the preferred email address, press the Menu key and select Edit Email Status followed by Register
  7. Click OK

After completing these steps, your BlackBerry smartphone will automatically backup your BlackBerry Messenger details over the wireless network!

STEP TWO: Restoring your BlackBerry Messenger information

Since BlackBerry Messenger is now performing remote backups, transferring your BlackBerry Messenger information to a new BlackBerry smartphone is a breeze! The only requirement is that you must associate the same email address you used to register with the BlackBerry Messenger servers in step one, with your new smartphone. For help associating your email address, visit the BlackBerry Internet Service Email Setup and Integration website, which will guide you through associating the email address you registered in step one on your new BlackBerry smartphone.

After you have associated your email address, complete the following steps to restore your BlackBerry Messenger information:

1. Open BlackBerry Messenger
  2. Press the Menu key
  3. Select Options
  4. Select Restore
  5. Select Restore using email
  6. A listing of email addresses that are associated with your BlackBerry smartphone will appear. Highlight the email address you registered during the backup process, press the Menu key and select Continue
  7. Click Continue

Once these steps are completed, you’ll notice that all of your BlackBerry Messenger information is available on your new BlackBerry smartphone

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks
New Contributor

please elaborate
Super Contributor

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi again, I check out the link you gave me and it's not the problem I have. This is the pop up message I get everytime I try to open BBM: "You restored your device data using BB desktop software, but your BBM contacts are restored based on your BBID to back up contacts, you can add them to BBM". This message would appear and after that I can't open BBM. Help please.

Thank you