Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: vodacom ssa

bbm installed but not on the phone

hi

i need help. yesrerday i updated bbm on my 9810 torch, after the phone restarted i couldnt find it.

when i go to app word it shows as installed but i can not uninstall it. 

please help as to how i can solve this problem

thanks

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: bbm installed but not on the phone

Hello yusufseedat

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you tried a Battery Pull Restart yet ? If not then do it by removing the Battery while your Device is Powered On , wait for a min. then reinsert it back . your device may take a long reboot , then please check if you're able to access those Icon in your Homescreen .

If still unable to locate then be sure it is not hidden , for that On your device home screen press the Menu button and select Show All Icons. It will display all icons that were previously hidden. If you see BlackBerry Messenger icon as greyed then highlight it and press the Menu key and select Unhide Icon , also search your folders like Instant Messenger, Application folder etc.

Or you can simply re-download it , To do that first On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from there.

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

After deleting perform  a Battery Pull Restart by removing the Battery while your device is  Powered On ,wait a min. then re-insert it back .

After reboot use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload  and download  the most recent available for your device.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.