Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: bbm 9900
My Carrier: bbm
Accepted Solution

bbm problem with battery

hi i have bbm 9900 i charge it ...some time it will show full charge and whn i watch movie it works only 30 min thn red light strating to show less battery.... and if i access any app only in 5 min it shutdown automatcally. or more over whn i go for charging its doesnt increase. i dont know bettary prob is tht or somthng else... pls tell me wat is it? or pls give me any website or adrs where i can get original one battery.....

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: bbm problem with battery

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

cool i got your answer hopefully it would work.  but i came to know one thing that my phone battery swell and cover of backside not to put.. i have two more qus. for you people. just help me out. that. 

1 does bbm 8320 work with new battery of 8520, CS2 battery becuase previously i had CS2 blue battery now i want to use my tht phone can i use with new CS2 battery of 8520 bbm. ?

2 how to know the fake battery or original battery several time i bought battery but later came to know its fake or defective. is there any website to check the battery.?

do help me with this qus. i appreciated your work.. hopefully waiting for response.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Given what you say, I now recommend that you do not use your existing swollen battery for any purpose. What you describe is definitely a damaged battery, and attempting to use it can have catastrophic results. Stop now and simply replace with a genuine new one.

In answer to your questions, your best method to ensure you are purchasing genuine parts is to purchase them only from reputable sources -- e.g., shopblackberry.com, your carriers shop, an authorize BB Service Center, etc.. Any other procurement sources risk receipt of exactly what you fear, and those who make counterfeit parts are very good at completely disguising the fact that they are counterfeit. It can be difficult, indeed impossible, for the end user to reliably identify anything as counterfeit.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

yup I do accept your answer both. but I am asking the qus is, is there any way to recongize about the counterfeit battery and original battery.Smiley Surprised

Hall of Famer III

From an excellent counterfeiter, I doubt it. From a sloppy counterfeiter, by comparing to a known genuine battery that you have access to. Like so many things in life, there are no guarantees...hence the old saying "buyer beware".

Good luck!

Contributor

I am not happy with your answr becuse compny should give any specific identity to know which one is original becuase in my country in india many leave to use bbm because of not recongize prob. of batteris ... I dont know wat is that.  I bought tody new battery of bbm 9900 but after some time my phone start to reboot again in again after some time automatcally. this phone battery num is DC130503 JSM 9A 02690.  if this is happens continuously I will also have to abandon this company. which really dont want.

Contributor

And one more thing about my battery is above the battery num. this is written there that " cell made in china". i think is it right ? and thnks
a lot for support that you are trying to help me out.
Hall of Famer III

harry09 wrote:

I am not happy with your answr becuse compny should give any specific identity...

Hmmm...I think perhaps you do not understand how this site works. I am not the company...I am just another user like you, except that I happen to volunteer time here to try and help others out. Refer:

If you want formal support and official answers, you have come to the wrong place.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Contributor

hi, thnks a lot to reply on my concern. i already appriciated your work which is held for me by you. thanks a lot dud.