Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Ufone

berry won't sync with new mac running mountain lion

I just bought a new mac with mountain lion and tried syncing my berry curve 9360 and the new mac won't even recognize the phone.

pls help

New Contributor

Re: berry won't sync with new mac running mountain lion

ok managed getting it to sync but no contacts transferred from the new mac to the berry... berry now has no contacts!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: TMobile

gee, same with me. I upgraded to mountain lion a couple of days ago and just tried my first synch with BB DM. It wiped out all of my BB (Curve) contacts - total wipe out - and doesn't seem to want to take them. disaster. anyone at RIM got a a solution here?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: TMobile

I managed to get the contacts loaded. Here's what I found: I saw in the forum that you have to turn off iCloud, which I did. Then in the DM Device Setup, I checked Replace all contacts on this BB device. (I had also removed all contacts from BB beforehand.) Then I ran Synch. Then go turn iCloud on.

It appears that Synch no longer offers set-up options of Mac => BB, BB=>Mac or Mac<=>BB. Now it just offered two way synch or no synch at all. 

BTW, I had checked that I had the latest version of DM, and I do. 

==> RIM: this apparently was an issue before Mountain Lion, yet no warning or instruction was placed into DM. Plus this needs to get fixed. Seems you should have been aware of this.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Singtel

I have exactly the same problems.  Fresh install of Mountain Lion and have the latest of DM and contacts were wiped off, calender entries from my MBP did not sync over either.  Fortunately, I have a back up copy of Contacts and managed to restore that back.

Have been checking as to when ML or BB will have updates everyday - hopefully soon.

My Device: bold
My Carrier: rogers

hi,

i'm having problems after getting my new mac with mountain lion and now my bb won't sync with my ical.  when i click on calendar it doesn't even give the option to sync two way.  is it possible at all?   i'm freaking out here...

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 8ta

make sure contacts has a group that is named "All On My Mac"
Highlighted
New Contributor

it has the iCloud group named "All Contacts".

Do I need to change that?