Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: cable and wireless

big time screw up with blackerry ID

anyone, need help desperately. when I created my Blackberry ID i mistakenly put down my username under gmail.net insted of gmail.com. This was when I first got my Bold 9900 ,  Last week I downloaded and instslled the latest version of bb messenger and it is asking me for my blackberry id and password. I couldnt remember my password and followed the procedure for password recovery, but when i follow the steps it automatically sends an email with recovery instructions to gmail.net which of course does not exist.

i have used up 9 of the 10 attemps already. i then proceeded to download blackberry destop on my pc to try and backup my device data before utilizing the last attemp. and here I am also being asked for the password which i do not have and when i request a recovery mail keeps going to gmail.net

HELP!!!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: big time screw up with blackerry ID

I don't recall BBID having a maximum number of attempts. It just eventually locks you out and you have to reset the password...which of course you can't do. Are you having trouble with a device password, as well?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

now I cant even get into my phone, i restarted it and put in my pin and it gives me a next screen whick tells me last attempt data will be erased if wrong answer is entered

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

As I said, you have two separate problems. The first is that you do not know the password to the device. Without the password to the device you cannot do anything. You can't even back it up. When you make 10 incorrect attempts it will wipe all data and you can start over. Without a backup you will lose all your data.

The second problem is the BBID issue. You will likely need to create a new BBID with a valid email address. However, any paid applications you may have will be lost and you'll have to purchase them again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

well, i tried the last  attempt. snif my sxcreen went white i imagine it is erasing all my data. question, can i restore from blackberry protect . i was able to backup my phone about an hour ago to bb  protect.

Guru II

You can, but is it not under the same incorrect BBID account that you don't know the password to and has an invalid email address?

If you can get it to restore, then you can make a backup of that to BlackBerry Desktop Software. Then create a new BBID, wipe the device and log in with that BBID, then restore the backup file it to the device.

New Contributor

thanks,
it is still wiping out the data. what i am going to do is wait until it finishes and redo my mail accounts if necesary. i had google sync as well as hotmail sync installed. hopefully i csn at least get back my phone contacts. the other data pictures apps etc i can live without.... but my phone contacts i desperately need for work.

once again you have been very helpfull and i sincerly thank you