Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: turkcell

blacberry bold 9900 - bb id cant log in

I just bought this phone and the next day when i wanted to download an application or remove one of my email accounts, it asks for blacberry id username and password but it cant log in. i changed the password, removed battery started it without sim card but nothing helps. pls advice me asap

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: blacberry bold 9900 - bb id cant log in

Check the KB articles -

KB26361  How to reset a BlackBerry ID password

KB28685  How to reset the BlackBerry ID password using the password recovery question

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

With respect to tanzim, if you are suffering the same problem as me, this does not solve the particular problem. I have read these articles and reset my BBID password many, many, many times but when I attempt to update an app or get to Blackberry Protect it presents me with a request for
[Username] which is already completed by default (SEE BELOW)
[Password] when I enter the reset password, I get the spinning green "cog" and the message "waiting" but always get "Unable to log in to your Blackberry ID account"

I have checked forums and links and can find no way to message BBID directly with this issue. Everyone keeps coming back with these KB26361 & KB28685 articles - (with the best of intentions) they are irrelevant to the issue I am experiencing.

(SEE BELOW =) The Username must not be confused with the Screenname in BBID profile.

New Contributor

We have the same problem.

I  change my password a few times like you did and apparently that makes the situation even worse and confuses the phone even more.

My internet access is flowless I can send receive emails and bbm works.

I called for technical assistance and they told me that I need to reset to have the factory settings and create a new id from the beginning.

I will try that and let you know if it helps.

Contributor

Sorry forgot to mention that I even tried setting-up a new BBID which was successful but my App World is asking for the Username associated with the phone and will not accept the new account - as you would expect. I was intending to buy the BB Playbook but I'm not going anywhere near it now - the help and support for BB is 2 out of 10 compared to Apple and iPad at 8 out of 10
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Cellcom

I am having the EXACT same problem. . .
Set up my new 9900 last night - succeeded in logging in with the BB ID, setup e-mail, app world, etc
12 hours later - device tells me "Unable to login to your Blackberry ID account"
When I go to blackberry.com/protect on my PC - it lets me login. But not on the device.
HELP!!!!!
Contributor

Hi Gehangin, Welcome to our little club. I thought it was just me and Aleverol!

I don't know whether anyone realises but this is losing BB App World loads of business. Hopefully, if we keep checking back, someone will come to our assistance.
New Contributor

Then I am really glad that I posted this subject.

For sure we are not the only three because what I have been told when I called the distributer which I bought the phone from is 'oh this is a common problem for these devices', which they forgot to tell me when I was buying the phone I guess.

What makes it even worse is there are many bb users that I know and they don't suffer from anything like this with their old version bb bolds which they use since years.

so disappointed in 9900.

My Device: Bold 9900

I have the same problem here in UK

Im not wanting to reset the phone to factory settings as all of my number are saved to the phone and not the sim card. 

Id wish someone would give us the solution

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: mobiltel

Hi,i have the same problem in Bulgaria, i bring my brand new 9930 and i have understand that i can not use my internet acount tru my provider,only if i am using wi-fi.