Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: blacberry bold 9900 - bb id cant log in

My understanding is that "THE BLACKBERRY ID" and APP WORLD site is at fault - Allowing you to change/reset your password but not allowing your phone/device to connect, once it has changed.

The people that seem to be affected are people who have changed their phone since setting-up an ID or those that want to change/reset their password. I have paid for Blackberry protect but can't access it.

If anyone gets more info (or even a solution) can we all make sure we post it here please? Thanks
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Cellcom

HELLO RIM!!!!!!! ANYBODY OUT THERE????????
ANYBODY LISTENING?????????????????????

Can you guys please at least acknowledge this issue, let alone give us a solution?

This is so **bleep** frustrating!!! 

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: turkcell

Hello everyone.

I have seen a comment above about the wiping option and I believe that is the answer.

I went to my mobile operator's store yesterday and a a technical assistant fixed my problem by resetting to factory settings. However I was lucky since my operator provides the service of saving my bbm contacts and other contacts in the phone in their systems. After resetting, they upload the contacts' memory in like two seconds. I live in Istanbul, Turkey and I think this option is a common technology worldwide.

and fyi, i dont think the problem occurs after you change your password, because mine started long before that and I changed it to see if that will help.

I am able to download applications and upgrades without any problems and the phone doesn't ask for the ID and the password before I do anything with BB APP World or try to deal with my mail account settings.

It's so not cool to hear that many other people has this problem because even though I found a way to get it fixed for the moment, I am still nervous that it may happen again.

I am also disturbed because of reading other posts and subjects here that are regarding some other major technical issues about this particular device and afraid that it may happen to me like the phone does not start after a month or the touchscreen stops working, etc.

I hope my solution will be helpful for your problems as well and BB will come to senses and act responsibly on adressing our concerns.

Contributor

This link, at last acknowledges the problem and provides the info we need until a permanent resolution is found. Let me know how you get on.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18998 

Contributor

I've tried this link and it works. Make a complete a Backup using BB Desktop Manager before you do anything. You can then reinstate your email, contacts and calendar stuff very easily using the [RESTORE} command in the Device Menu of BBDM. Be careful not to restore everything, just tick/untick what you MUST have otherwise you may recorrupt your phone. Hurrah!!!!!

More importantly, RIM are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. See the whole article on the link above.

Contributor

P.s. I got everything back after the FACTORY RESET by following the usual setup instructions that follow. I only used BBDM to get my CONTACTS, nothing else.
Contributor

Will restoring the factory defaults as described in the link above also re-lock an unlocked device?
Contributor

I don't quite understand the question I'm afraid. can you rephrase please?
Contributor

Sure:
My 9900 is branded T-Mobile but was unlocked by the distributor.
My question is, if I follow the instructions to restore factory defaults, will I also be restoring the "lock" to the T-Mobile back in place as well?
Contributor

Sorry I get you know. Whilst I am not an expert on this, I can tell you that my phone was factory reset in 3 distinct but continuous stages, as follows.

1. The deletion of all data

2. The "activation" of what I presume was the onboard OS (never seen this before)

3. The Blackberry reboot screen

After it rebooted, I then got the Vodafone screen (My provider) so I presume the answer is yes. Sorry I can't be of any more help Gehangin.