Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

black plug instead of charging

I hsve the bb curve 9360, whenever i go to charge my phone the yellow lightning bolt shows up but then eventually instead of the lightning bolt it turns into the black plug and won't continue to charge anymore. Another problem im having is that i go to update/downgrade my phone whatever one it says is reccomneded and then the restarting screen  freezes between the back button and the 'e' in blackberry, i just recently bought a new battery so my battery has nothing to do with any of these problems, please help me.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: tesco

Re: black plug instead of charging

this is worth a try to restore your device then try it, may work you got nothing to lose but backup everything first.

skywhispers

New Contributor

i tried yesterday and that didnt correct my charging problem and i cant even load up my phone because it keeps freezing as of now.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: tesco

freezing normally is low memory or have you a lot of stuff on there id try a restore again

New Contributor

thats what i do, i restore it and then when it goes to re start after the restoring it freezes and wont complete the process

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

The device can take a long time at that point during boot.  Just let go.  Ive heard it take several hours.  I xont know for sure what causes this.   

As for the black plug, what kind of charger and cable are you using?  Not all chargers and cables are alike.  Some cables are data only and wont charge.  Make sure youre using a BlackBerry charger and/or cable.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!