Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: orange

blackberry 8320 completely wiped - no icons on home screen // no secondry screen atall HELP!!!!!

hi can somebody please help me, my friends little boy has had hold of my phone and completely wiped it. i have no icons on home screen apart from battery, signal etc. at the top. i have no idea how to download software etc im a complete dummy when it comes to all that so can the person who knows how to help me explain it as they would to a child please as i dont have a clue!!! just need my fone Smiley Sad(((
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Torch 9800, PlayBook 16GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: blackberry 8320 completely wiped - no icons on home screen // no secondry screen atall HELP!!!!!

Hi - would you happen to know if you have the BlackBerry Desktop manager software installed on a computere that you have accesss to??

I will attempt to describe how to reload your O/S should you decide to do so.  I am going off of memory as it has been a long time since I have done this.

** Please note that reloading your O/S could result in you losing personal info from your device including your Contacts, Messages, and possibly your apps!! **

To load the O/S try powering down the BB device by holding down the power button.  Load Desktop Manager on your laptop/computer then connect your BB to your computer with the USB cable. The Desktop Manager software on your computer will run for a little while then it should prompt you about re-installing your O/S on your BB.  Follow the on-screen prompts on your computer.  The whole reloading of your OS could take up to an hour  and should not be interrupted.

If you have any further questions, you can send me a message through this site and I will do my best to help.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click 'Like' if this was helpful, and mark it as a solution if it has solved your problem.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: blackberry 8320 completely wiped - no icons on home screen // no secondry screen atall HELP!!!!!

The phone has already been wiped.  Wiping it again won't bring the apps back. 

You will have to install app world on your device.  You can get it from here:

http://us.blackberry.com/apps/app-world/download.html

Once you set that up,  you will have to login to app world using your blackberry ID.  All the apps you had before are tied to this ID and will be listed for you to reinstall.  If you didn't get the app from appworld, you will have to check with the vendor and get them installed using their instructions.  Let us know if you need more help with this.

hi no i dont have the blackberry programme on my laptop so do i need to download that also? if so from where? im not too bothered about losing sms, contacts and apps etc as they can all be replaced just need my phone back on cant bear looking at the blank screen lol! so what do i do now and where do i go for my downloads? thanks guys Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
New Contributor

hi ive now discovered that if i hold my space bar i can bring up my last calls register and from there i can press my bb button // switch app // and access fone, bbm, browser and messages. dont know what that means ? has it been wiped or what/ im confused now :s

Forums Veteran III

Can you take the device to the store for assistance? They may be able to help setup your phone faster than us trying to sort it out. If not we will try to help you.

hi, if i take my handset to the shop will they charge me to restore it? if so i may just get a new one as dont really want to pay alot for a phone which i can purchase brand new on ebay for less than £50!!

thanks

Forums Veteran III

[ Edited ]

They won't charge you.  software support is included in your monthly ervice.  I live in the US, so please confirm this with your carrier.  Interesting...I see you've got an older blackberry.. a 8320.  If you upgrade, I highly recommend that you wait a bit to see when blackberry 10 will be available.    Details will be revelaed on Jan 30.  For now I'm thinking the store can reload the software on your current device.

hi sorry i didnt explain properly, my bb is on pay as you go so im not sure the shop will help me to fix it, im sure they will expect me to contact blackberry ??? could be wrong though/ thanks Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran III

your carrier shas to help you since you're paying for the service.  They are the first step in getting assistance.