Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8320

blackberry 8320...desktop help

so i dont have the CD anymore..I sold it with my last phone. i then brought the same phone but without the CD. is there a way i can still put songs on my phone without buying from carrier? is there a way i can download the desktop from this website? i dont kno how to navigate it very well. thx in advance.

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: blackberry 8320...desktop help

You can download Desktop Manager directly from RIM here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Always use the latest version available (currently 4.5) - they have always been backwards compatable. 

That said, I strongly recommend getting a version WITHOUT Media Manager!  Aside from the fact that you'll save yourself between 130 and 180 MEGS of Download AND more than 200 Megs on the installation, Media Manager doesn't play nice at all.  It is absolutely awful if you have ANY other Roxio products installed (it will most likely break them or not work) and doesn't like Vista much at all.

Use Mass Storage Mode (which shows up as a drive when you connect to your computer) to move smaller things (under 1 Gig) to an SD card, and use a card reader for larger things.  And don't forget to format the card on the BlackBerry first.  Once you do that, it will be obvious where to put things.

Yes, I know there's a legit version of 4.6 available, but it has some minor bugs and 4.6.1 is pending, so stick with the latest version RIM has posted.

Jerry
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: blackberry 8320...desktop help

I have an 8320 w/ 2GB SD card.  I've loaded about 500MB's of music onto the BB - when I get to that point and try to load more music, a window pops up telling me that its unable to load anymore onto the device.  I'm transfereing to the media card and not the device.  I'm in Mass Storage mode.  Do you have any idea what gives here?  The G drive (media card) shows 1.5GB free space remaining.  Any help would be appreciated.  thanks

travis jones

www.houstonjones.com