Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry 8520 curve
My Carrier: cell c

blackberry 8520 issues

My blackberry 8520 recently went crazy! My phone no longer picks up network, it just continuously says 'searching for network'. So I cannot connect to the internet, use bbm etc. I am unsure whether this is a software or hardware problem. Does anyone know what could possibly be the problem and how I can go about solving it? Would connecting my device to the pc and reinstalling software work?
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry 8520 issues

Hello Zia_kader

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You can always try an Software Update / Reload , it may help but will never do anything wrong with your device Smiley Happy

But you should also call your Carrier Cell C and ask them if they have any issue with there network or try a SIM swap . If issue persists even after a  Software Relaod and replacing SIM then it may a hardware issue . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: blackberry 8520 curve
My Carrier: cell c

Re: blackberry 8520 issues

Hey thank you so much. I already contacted my service provider and its not a problem with them but a problem with the device itself. Do you know quick link to download the software on my pc? And what could be possibly wrong with the hardwàre?