Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: black berry 8520
My Carrier: tstt
Accepted Solution

blackberry 8520 loading only 75%

I downloaded aplication 7 and i decided to delete it. my phone said a restart is needed to complete deletion, which i did and that is when the problem started. My phone since the is only loading 75% of the way. I have tried countless time to start my phone in safe mode and the safe mode is not working on my phone I followed precise instructions via your site and nothng. (http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/14928/Prevent_third_party_apps_from_load...I even tried connecting it to the desktop manage without the battery (http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=5B25417FD5D3A5587E5BD3F78564F433?... it still no response. this is very frustrating. i need  my phone for business and I hoping you can assist me as soon as possible.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry 8520 loading only 75%

Hello corenclose

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Which application you downloaded ? 

If safe mode and KB10144  is unable to resolve your issue then try this Method :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.  BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

If needed try this method also :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

the app i downloaded and attempted to delete was 7digital Music Store.  I have tried your first suggestion and i got as far as Blackberry downloable site but i have a big problem because my service provider TSTT locatedin Latin America section do not have the 8520 listed, so I cannot download the software for my phone. The other link you sent me KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state after I click the link upon reaching step 2 , I kee getting that response (This web page has a redirect loop) and 

The page isn't redirecting properly CometBird has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies. There is  another service provider digicel that carries the software my phone please help. 

However there is another servie provider in my country digicel and they have the software for my phone 8520 please help me this is getting frustrating. and thanks for the quick response

New Contributor

after trying it worked i used the software from the other service provider and i got through. and now my phone is completely reset thanks for the help

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi corenclose

You are most welcome .. I am glad you made it Smiley Happy

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.