02-26-2014 04:37 AM
Hi my blackberry 9300 has been frozen for 2 weeks i cant do anything. I have tried taking the battery out so many times but it doesnt work. I managed to reboot it and did safe mode but now its freezing on safe mode I cannot press anything.
What can I do to solve this, I miss my phone
02-26-2014 08:22 AM
I notice you have your phone number listed in your profile. It is unwise to post your phone number there for all the Internet world to see and possibly harvest for spam use. At the top of the page click on My Settings and go to personal information and remove your phone number.
As for the device problem I recommend a clean OS reload:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. If you're simply updating the OS to a newer version skip this step. If doing a clean OS reload use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader