Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: att

blackberry 9800 torch is hardlocked

my blackberry 9800 is hardlocked ... please tell to how to unlock it..

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: blackberry 9800 torch is hardlocked

Only software can unlock your BlackBerry. Contact your service provider.

Thanks.

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: att

my  phone is out of warrant

New Contributor
My Device: Q10 - 10.2.1.3175
My Carrier: Globe Telecom - Philippines

I did a little research about your issue and here's what I have so far:

Hard locked means that the phone is permanently locked to its original network carrier. This usually happens when someone has tried too many times to enter in the unlock code incorrectly. This can also happen if the phone has been deemed ‘Blocked’ by the original network carrier. This can happen if the phone has been reported as being lost or stolen or by having a poor history with them (ie. not paying bills). This means that the code would not work and would be useless to you for that specific device.

Are you the original owner of the phone? If either of the bold and underlined phrases apply to you then, there's nothing that you can do anymore.

If none of these apply to you and you are the original owner of the phone (you have the box, papers, etc) then i don't see any reason why your network provider shouldn't give you the code to unlock whether it's out of warranty or not.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: xl

hi there,

mep 0 left or what its called hardlocked happen when you try to unlocked your phone and you accidently put in a wrong MEP code 10 times.

unfortunately , when this happened, your phone is fried, not even your service provider can unlocked a hardlocked phones. only RIM / Blackberry can do so.

but I heard there is a company who provide an unblocking service. never tried it myself

so I can not guarantee if they can really do that. 

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: 9700

You better call the BB customer care.