Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Orange

blackberry I D and blackberry app world

Hi, about a week ago I decided to change my email address for my blackberry app world log in (which I believe is also my blackberry I D) as the email address I originally used is no longer in use. At the same time I upgraded app world to the most current version. Ever since then I have been getting the error 'blackberry app world is experiancing difficulty communicating with the blackberry server. Please check your connection and try again'. That may not be verbatim but that's pretty much it. I have exhausted the help pages on this error and non of the known errors apply to me or I have followed the workarounds and it has not helped. The only help my provider has offered is to create a new I D and they would credit back the cost of all the lost apps. I have done this but now I can't associate my blackberry to the new I D. I had this error on my 9780 and have just upgraded to the 9900 and the error has followed me! I have reinstalled app world multiple times. My original blackberry I D works fine on Blackberry protect and all other Blackberry platforms that require your I D. My question is - does anyone know how I can get app world to recognise my original I D and fix the error? And if not how do I associate my device to a new I D (I don't really want to do this, I'd rather fix the error - but not having apps is driving me crazy! Hope you guys can help - thanks!