Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9790
My Carrier: virgin

blackberry I D problem

Had a few blackberry's all on contract, just there renewal upgrades. Always had same I D never had any problems setting up the blackberry..virginmedia email account on all the mobiles, untill now, I have the 9790 bold I had a phone general lock set up..then one day I just forgot the password so I did. Total wipe except for email accounte the bb one and my yahoo one... Now I can't set up my blackberry one it says someone has that name and gives me a choice to use things like karol1. Karol2 or karol4. I don't want a new one, I can use my original one of I want to download something in the app world.. I can also view my blackberry I'd and it says my email address ect...so how do I get. It set up again. I. Don't get any options in set up email. To add this existing one...its really annoying me, can anyone plz help me, have used my screen grabber to show msg it says when I try to set up my I D. But have no way of showing it on here, and I don't have a pc. It just says the same as iv written above. Gives me other ways of using my name. But saying I have to use a number in order to have one. I don't want that. All I want is what I already have set up originally on this phone...which is karol@virginmedia.blackberry.com. Help someone. Pls. .
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: blackberry I D problem

Hey karol52,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Currently that email address is still tied to your original BlackBerry ID which is the same address.    Follow the steps in this KB article to reset the password and then you can login with this BlackBerry ID and your email accounts will appear on the BlackBerry Bold 9790 smartphone.

www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28111

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi thank you for the comment. This is what I'm asked now. Iv done what you suggested, I'm not really good on intenret stuff, this is what's its asking me to do now.....A password reset email has been sent to karol@virginmedia.blackberry.com

Next steps
1. Sign in to this email account through a web browser.

2. Open the password reset email and click the link to reset your password.
OK
Can I reset this via my blackberry, I don't have a pc...PLUS. How do I put my email address in the browser, sorry I'm probably a bit slow here,
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi again. I have just gone to my bookmarks. And I typed in my email address in the browser at top of book marks page, it took me to my network provider. VIRGIN.and there It askes me to enter my email address to set a virgin blackberry. I D.. Or log in if you already have an account...I'm really baffled big time by this...I entered my password and emall address. But told ints incorrect, but this isn't the place I should of be taken to when I entered my info for re set... Any more suggestions pls.... See if I wanted to buy from app world. I am able to use my email address and password. No problems at all. Its just I can't get it be an actual email address on the phone
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey karol52,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

After doing some further investigation, I will need you to contact us so we can resolve this issue and move the BlackBerry ID around.  Please contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry.

I appreciate your patience.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!