Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: mtn
Accepted Solution

blackberry I'd and password change

My blackberry bold 9900 refused to open after I changed the password and user I'd,the new password and user I'd is not working and even the old one aint working either!its just keeps locking me out after every 15mins!I need help from anybody pls
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry I'd and password change

Hello martin08801

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If we enter too many wrong BlackBerry ID password then for security purpose it will be locked out , first refer to this KB :

BlackBerry ID lockout behavior

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I v tried it but I couldn't complete d password change with the blackberry am using!I got a message that I v to use a wifi connection to complete the password change!pls what else can I do?thanks so far for d help
Elite II

Hello marino8801

First please confirm why did you changed your previous BlackBerry ID username or the email , are you getting any error while using the previous .

Secondly , how did you change or Update the Usename and password of your BlackBerry ID did you update it on BlackBerry ID website ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I changed it directly from my device and not d website!I got an error message wen I was resetting it!I guess it can't be changed using blackberry!that it has to be a computer connected to the internet
Elite II

Hello marino8801

On a BlackBerry 7 you will not be allowed to change BlackBerry ID to a new one from within your device if an old ID is already associated with your device .

If you still know the Username of your previous BlackBerry ID then you can try to reset you password using this Knowledge Base :

KB26361  :How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

If you're able to reset your BlackBerryID password then if you want, you can also Update to Change the Username or the email of your BlackBerry ID in BlackBerryID website , for that here is the KB :

KB28060How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on the BlackBerry ID website

If those method fails then the next step will be more drastic, So do a complete Backup of all your device data.let us know if above doesn't work.

New Contributor

I am using bold 5 bb9900 and when I changed it,I got a confirmation message that it has changed!and pls how do I back up my bbm contacts coz d backup icon in the bbm options is nt showing
Elite II

marino8801 wrote:
I am using bold 5 bb9900 and when I changed it,I got a confirmation message that it has changed!

Hello marino8801

Yes I know but your Bold 5 BlackBerry 9900 is having OS7 isn't ? 

If you already got the confirmation message then where you're having problem .

marino8801 wrote:
 pls how do I back up my bbm contacts coz d backup icon in the bbm options is nt showing

Regarding BBm contacts backup , If you're having BBM7 then your BBM Contacts are integrated with your BlackBerry ID , when you login with your BlackBerry ID our BBM Contacts will be restored back , but if you're having any previous persion then you can do a local backup , you can backup in your Media card also, refer to this KB for further  help :

KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list

New Contributor

The confirmation I meant was wen I changed it remotely from my device!wen I followed the step u showed me an email was sent to me but I couldn't complete d the process from their website!I got an error message
Elite II

Hello marino8801

Can you please share what error message you got ?