Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: blackberry

blackberry ID

I have two blackberries, I've just downloaded the new bbm and it requires my blackberry Id and my bbm's keep switching phones. And now one of them is completely gone. I want to delete my blackberry ID but no longer have the original email. How can I go about doing this?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry ID

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You simply abandon the one you want to get rid of. WIPE the BB and create a new BB ID for that BB only.

It's always a good idea to have just one BB per BB ID...more than one cause this type of issue.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks. But the problem is I'm using them both. They were different bbm's but now one is lost and will only work if I do a device switch. I managed to delete my blackberry I'D but still no luck with bbm
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Wait...now I'm really confused...you were doing a device switch? If you completed that, then you've already switched everything over to the new BB. Maybe you should start over and give us a complete description of exactly what you have done...start from the very beginning, because right now this makes no sense at all.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Sorry. I have two blackberries. They aren't new. When I got my second one they asked if I want to do a device switch, I said no. So the contacts from my first bbm didn't move to my second one. I had seperate bbm's. But my appworlds were the same. With the same blackberry I'D. The new version of bbm with voice talk requires your blackberry I'D. Seeing as I have the same I'D on both phones my bbm's switched phones. The first bbm moved to my second phone. And everytime I open my other bbm it asks for device switch or cancel. One of my bbm's no longer exists. Everything was lost and I only have the option for one bbm. And the other doesn't even load now. So I need a new blackberry I'D to get my other bbm working. How do I get a new I'D?
Hall of Famer III

Since I think that you have one of your BBs now completely fine (or perhaps as "fine" as it can be), then with the other, do as I said above...WIPE that BB and then, after the wipe/reboot completes, create a brand new (and unique) BB ID on (and for) that BB.

New Contributor

I wiped it. It removed everything off my phone but still no luck with the blackberry I'D. I don't know why it didn't work!
Hall of Famer III

I don't know either...and from "no luck", I really can't diagnose any possibilities.

But, still, see this:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Maybe the WIPE didn't go right? It should reboot and then you have to go through the BBID process, during which you select to create a new one rather than enter existing credentials.

Or, maybe you should try this method:

• KB24062 How to create a BlackBerry ID

Then, after the WIPE completes, you log into those credentials that you created via the website.

Good luck!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for all the help
Hall of Famer III

You are welcome...but...is it fixed yet?