Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: digicel

blackberry app world updates

i have a few apps from within bb appworld including appworld itself ready for update but haven't so far.

really bad experiences with updating. they either have more bugs than the previous versions or you simply just cannot downgrade bah humbug.

what do you guys think? update, yay or nay?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry app world updates

Well, it's very difficult to provide you with guidance. What you have presented is completely generic, with the only specific being the upgrade to AW itself. The other apps you have not said what those are, so it's only possible to guess...not really helpful for you I'd think.

In general, upgrading is the right thing to do. Things get fixed, new features and functions are introduced, and not upgrading risks eventually having a version that will no longer function. But, that said, it is software, running on hardware, all of which is designed and built by humans...new problems can often be introduced.

It is an individual decision, based on your unique set of circumstances, tolerances for problems, and judgement about how things will affect you. Only you can truly decide.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: digicel

Re: blackberry app world updates

yeah you're right. i'm not being a pushover but i do agree that the updates are meant as to fix bugs. i wasn't talking about any specific apps just in general. some updates are well worth the upgrade and other well... as you put it, will bring with it its own set of issues.

entering blackberry app world, checking out the reviews of some apps you do see negative reviews as in bugs and errors (i do not include what people like and dislike about the app itself). it kinda make me have doubts about immediately updating.

i guess in terms of software, they can only become stable if we update, encounter and report the issues hahaha

Happy Birthday!!.... what... it's somebody's birthday.