Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry pearl 9100
My Carrier: lime jamaica

blackberry apploader

i wiped my device to get os 6 and i didnt back up the info on BBSAK and everytime i try to launch the loader nothing happens the window doesnt open up so i can proceed to get the os  6 on it. please help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry apploader

Hello!

Sometimes, I have also experienced that BBSAK can't properly recognize things...in which case I fall back to this method:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

ok what do i do now the loader still wont work and i dont think i backed it up on BDS

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Backup is for data...if you skipped that, then your data is already gone.

Did you:

1) Select an OS package that is exactly for your specific BB?

2) Install that package to your PC?

3) If it was from a different carrier, delete the VENDOR.XML file(s)?

Further, please be a little less economical with your words..."still wont work" (sic) makes me guess far too much. Details of the exact steps you take and the exact results of each step will be much more helpful since I cannot see what you see.

Thanks and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

when i go into my files to this point C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and then click on loader it doesnt pull up anything like it should, it doesnt pop up any window it simply does nothing. please tell me what i should do.

New Contributor

I did select a package and downloaded it, I also deleted the vendor file but when i double click on the loader file within the apploader files it doesnt do anything. I've repeatedly downloaded the operating system and from different providers but it wont run when i click on it. I've followed all directions and looked at multiple blogs and video's but it just wont open and run the loader file. When i click on LOAD OS button on BSSAK it doesnt open it either its as if it wasnt uploaded on the computer at all and i've retried several times.

Hall of Famer III

At this point, I would have to guess that there is something wrong with your computer, the installation of something to do with the RIM software, or perhaps a combination...it should not act this way. But, let's try now a clean re-start. I suggest this thread:

However, stop after step 6...then proceed with LOADER.EXE again and see if it now works.

Good luck!

New Contributor

allright thank you because i tried downloading several rim softwares from different mobil providers.

New Contributor

I did everything you said and the loader file still didnt open at this point im rlly depressed i feel like just bringing it to a store to fix it how much would that cost and where could i do it. If you have any other suggestions please tell me

Hall of Famer III

Given the size of the world we have, I have no way to tell you where to seek local help nor how much it will cost you to do so. But, given the challenges you are having, I do agree that, for you, seeking paid support is likely your best option. I cannot, from what you say here, figure out why this is happening...it should not happen, but something that I cannot see and you cannot say is preventing it, and I agree that in-person support is what you need.

Good luck!