Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry tour 9360
My Carrier: Verizon

blackberry bold 9650 os 6.0 and windows 7

For the last 48 hours I have not been able to sync my phone with my desktop. My desktop software keeps freezing whether I try to open the software from the sdesk top or whether I plug my phone in with a ubs cord and choose the snyc media option on the phone

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry bold 9650 os 6.0 and windows 7

Hello!

I suggest this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Well this worked once but now i want to sync again and am having the same problem. I on't want to have to uninstall the blackberry OS 6 software off the pc EVERYTIME I want to sync. I like to sync at least once or twice a week if not more often in a busy week and I am not doing that becuase of these issues. I want to stay with black berry but I see all my friends getting loads of hel with their Iphones and so it is hard to explain my loyalty to BB!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I'm confused...are you using Desktop Software version 6? You said in this post "blackberry OS 6", which to me would be your BB OS package, as installed to your PC. The process I provided above is intended to remove everything from your PC and then reinstall it fresh again, not just the BB OS package alone. Since you only mention now "blackberry OS 6", I am confused as to if you fully followed the procedure.

Also, is there a reason for not moving up to the current version of the Desktop Software? Unless you are using that, but just didn't mention it.

Please clarify...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

My pc os is windows 7. My blackberry desktop software and on the phone it self is 6.0. I would gladly update to the Blackberry 7 OS on both the pc desktop software and the phone. i have tried numerous times but I don't seem to be able to. If that would solve the syncing problem then great.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

There is no requirement to keep the Desktop Software version the same as the BB OS version...they are 100% independent. Indeed, it is always advised to use the most up to date Desktop Software version that you can, regardless of the OS level of the BB itself. They are 100% independent.

The sole consideration is if you are synchronizing with a desktop PIM (e.g., Outlook), in which case you must be sure you are using a version of the Desktop Software that supports your PIM version:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

You can always find the most recent version of the Desktop Software via the official download portal:

And you can always find prior Desktop Software versions (if required) via a link in the thread I provided you earlier.

Further, you can always find all presently supported BB OS versions via this portal:

So, I believe that your best course of action would be to re-do the steps provided (linked to) in post 2 above...but this time don't stay back on Desktop Software 6.0...rather, use the newest version you can based on your Desktop PIM requirements (disregard your BB OS level when making this decision). To make sure things are the best they can be, you definitely should also do step 4 from that post...that way, you will install to your PC both the newest Desktop Software along with your specific BB OS package...that way, you will give your PC and your BB the best ability to communicate properly with each other.

Good luck and let us know!