Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: no

Re: blackberry bold 9900 email setup //HELP!

[ Edited ]

Yes step 1 work.Can go to email set up option and I saw the yahoo mail ,Gmail,,etc;

Contributor

[ Edited ]

But when i go to lunch email set up ,yahoo@mail and G mail ,Aol, it's shown "unknown error.Please try again"

Contributor

Hello
In Messages option,Email account Management can't open and can't set up.It's normal for my country?Because I can open earliest time and i made my signature "sent from my BlackBerry Limited Edition".It' still shown in that RIM page when i use with my phone. Now it's can't open it.Have they permission for the limit time for the new phone? or I made wrong setting?If it's my wrong setting,How to re set it? I tried factory setting and reboot 2 times.Can't set up it.Pls let me know it's wrong setting or ,,?
Thank you
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone AU

Hi.

I too am having similar problems with a Bold 9900 when trying to set up an exchange email address. When going to the email setup section in settings, it only shows the option of Entiprise Activation, with space for the email address and a activation code. We do not have a BES nor Blackberry Services through our provider. But it was my understanding that we didn't need this for setting up exchange, that there was a way of interfacing with OWA, but I'm failing to find those options. When going to the mobile.blackberry.com site and trying to access email setting through there, i am faced with another error saying contact technical support.

I've seen elseware people having some success with restoring to factory settings, but i don't want to risk loosing any data.. Seems like this is a common problem, any other work arounds?

Thank you in advance

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Danmobil wrote:

Hi.

I too am having similar problems with a Bold 9900 when trying to set up an exchange email address. When going to the email setup section in settings, it only shows the option of Entiprise Activation, with space for the email address and a activation code. We do not have a BES nor Blackberry Services through our provider. But it was my understanding that we didn't need this for setting up exchange, that there was a way of interfacing with OWA, but I'm failing to find those options. When going to the mobile.blackberry.com site and trying to access email setting through there, i am faced with another error saying contact technical support.

I've seen elseware people having some success with restoring to factory settings, but i don't want to risk loosing any data.. Seems like this is a common problem, any other work arounds?

Thank you in advance

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To use the proprietary RIM Push email capability (which can allow OWA integration), you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) for their BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T Mobile

Thank you I spent ages on the phone to Tmobile to help and they were useless and cut me off! This sorted it in minutes! Thank you Smiley Happy
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Loulou, what fixed it for you?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: wind

hi! i have the same problem , i am getting my emails but i cannot sychronise my mobile with me email so with my adress book and my telephone numbers. i go to set up then email acounts icon i npress it and there is no reaction sometimes though it goes to next step i try email acount but then again nop reaction what should i do?? pls help me!

thank you in advance!

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ETISALAT

what abou setting up for email ID for my business (not yahoo, homail or gmail)?

Visitor
My Carrier: Digicel

Thanks a million.  This works for me.  I was in a quandry when a cousin of mine wiped the phone and I was unable to send or receive mails.  Tried everything but nothing worked.  Finally I registered with the support forum and as easy as 'ABC'.

Thanks again.  You made my day.