Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9930
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

blackberry bold 9930 keeps getting stuck on Sprint screen on reboot

All,

My phone will not get past the Sprint screen after the blackberry reboot that occurs when you remove the battery and replace it.  it aalso has not been holding charge well.

i tried to connect to the blackberry desktop manager with the battery removed, but it says it does not need updates and i cannot hard reboot.

please help

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry bold 9930 keeps getting stuck on Sprint screen on reboot

Hi janisc

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you sure your Battery is good enough or have you tried another battery to see the results ?

In addition have you recently installed any application before this Problem started ? Think carefully any new application , theme , wallpaper or any recent app update !

If you have then try to boot your device on Safe Mode , On Safe Mode delete any application which you think might be responsible for this issue , from Options > Device > Application Manegement > locate and delete any newly installed 3rd party application , it might help in resolving your issue :

KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

KB10040  :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

If above fails or you're unable to boot your device on safe mode then you have to Reload the OS, as you device is on a reboot loop so it won't allow a simple reload method , refer to those Knowledge Base and try those methods to recover your device :

KB10144 : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

KB27956 : How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

But please note those methods will delete all user data from within that device , if you have a previous backup or using BlackBerry protect then you can restore it from there.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

all of the fixes get me to a screen where it says software does not need update.. then no option to move forward.

i did not install anything new recently.

desktop manager cannot detect the phone. the web version says software is up to date.

please help

Smiley Sad

Elite II

janisc wrote:

all of the fixes get me to a screen where it says software does not need update.. then no option to move forward.

Hi there,

If your device is already having the most recent OS from your own carrier then you'll not get any update but you should try to Reload the OS . When you follow the KB and check for Update if No Updates are available then in the left corner are you unable to view the option " View Other Version " ? If you are then click on that screen , it will show you all available OS version  for your device . Choose anyone from within that list to Install it on your device.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

well what happens is i get this:

I open blackberry device manger on my computer

I remove the battery from my blackberry and connect it via USB

a message pops up saying that the desktop software cannot comunicate with my device

choices are retry update or cancel.  when i select update it gives me a new pop up that asks me if i want to repair

I click on repair

it asks me for my device password

i enter the password and hit ok

it says checking for updates

then it says no updates avail and asks to confirm my email address

then the pop up goes away and i am back where i started

Elite II

janisc wrote:

it says checking for updates

then it says no updates avail and asks to confirm my email address

then the pop up goes away and i am back where i started

Hi there ,

When it notifies that No Updates are available then within that screen on left corner are you not getting the option " View Other Version " ? If you're then hit that section , it will show all available OS version for your device model , choose anyone from that list to install it on your device .

If above fails and you're interested in trying to recover your device by your own then try those steps :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.  BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

New Contributor

Thank you!

The solution was to download the operating system from the blackberry wesite BlackBerry Software Download Site

and use the application loader tool to reload the OS

i had to navigate to the application loader, the quotation link you listed did not work, but the path was correct.

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\

i had to rechare the battery before i could complete the reload, but it works!

Elite II

Hey janisc

Well done  .. I'm glad you figure it out and your BlackBerry back to normal Smiley Happy

Cheers !