Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

blackberry bold 9930 restatring problem

hi,

I recently bought a blackberry bold 9930 model and am facing a problem related to restarting of the device again and agian on its own. Any fixes?

Regards

Sunny

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: blackberry bold 9930 restatring problem

Hi sunny3788

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First of all make sure that your battery is fully charged , Secondly remove any media card from your device and see if it reboots on its own .

Or if  you have recently installed any application before the problem appeared ? If it is then uninstall those application that you think might be responsible for the problem.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi,

I did remove the memory card and checked but the problem still persists. Also i have not installed any other software either. Would it be okay to reinstall the Operating software once again?

Regards

Sunny

Elite II

Hi sunny3788

If all fails then yes the next option is to Update /Reload your device Software, You can perform a Clean Reload by following this Knowledge base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows.

Or you can download a fresh OS pack from your carrier and Install it on your device.For that :

1.Locate your Carrier ( Verizon ) and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

•     Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.    

3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup from BlackBerry desktop

Software.

But before any Update do your device Backup.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hello,

Would do the same and see whether this works well or not.

Thank you for you help and support.

Regards

Sunny

Elite II

Hi Sunny

Please try it and let us know of your progress.. Good luck .