Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

blackberry bold

i have recently bought a bold off ebay it is perfect condition however when trying to set my email up it tells me there is already an account linked to this phone, how di i get round this as the previous owner is not known???
Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

Re: blackberry bold

Might can find that answer in the BB Bold section of this forum.  This is for the Storm... I believe its one down from the Storm section.

9000 series section

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Kristian, you or the previous owner will need to contact the carrier to which it is registered (usually the same as to which it is branded) and ask them politely to remove the PIN from the old account.

Explain that you purchased the device used and need the PIN on your account.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

And if the previous owner is not the eBay seller, you'd better hope the phone wasn't stolen as you're going to have a very difficult time.  If that's the case, I'd request a full refund and return the phone.  When buying phones off of eBay, ensure you do your research to ensure you don't end up hooped at the end of the day.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ditto Krypto... read this:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Buying_a_BlackBerry_off_eBay

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code