Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

blackberry curve 8520 facebook location tab not working

i apologize in advance for the long post,

I hope someone can help me with this, i have a blackberry 8520 i recently upgraded my software from 4.0 to 5.0

here is my phones version

phone software is 5.0.0.681 (bundle 1168, platform 5.2.0.67)

it also says that the micro location version 1.0.1

the problem is that i cant use the check in feature on the facebook app i have the latest version 2.0.0.58 everytime i try and use the check in it says acquiring your location, it just keeps saying that with no change. i have checked to see if i have enough signal and i have full signal (on account of their being a signal aerial 50 meters from my office window)

when i go  to option - advanced options - gps the location its set to location and theirs no option to enable it. i know the 8520 doesnt have gps functionality but my sister has the same phone with the same software version as mine and the same version of the facebook app and her check tab works.

the previouse software version that was on the phone allowed me to turn the gps location services on or off but the check in tab still did not work.

as far as i know my carrier does support the location service

so i am not sure whats going if any one can help that would be greate.

their must be something im missing here.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: blackberry curve 8520 facebook location tab not working

Hello !

Just to check that is your FaceBook App working fine or not, kindly connect your device to WiFi connection.

And then try to check your location, is it working ?

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Contributor

hi hApS143,

thanks for your reply to answer your question my facebook is working fine it's just the check in tab thats not working, to answer your second question i have connected it to a wifi connection and the check in tab still doesnt work<, i have noticed that you are also on mtn does your check in tab work?

do you know if mtn supports cell sight location?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook

Hello !

Well yes for me on MTN, my Facebook App check in tab works.

Its just that we need to wait in excess for getting it done.

Even for me it doesnt happen on this network.

Hope this resolves your Problem!

If your problem has been resolved then would request you to Click on "Like" and accept as "Solution" so that other Advisors doesnt invest there time on this Message anymore.

Thanks.

Contributor

thanks for your reply, i still havent managed to get it working yet, but i emailed the blackberry data support center at mtn and they too dont know whats going, the one guy i spoke to actually thought the 8520 did have a GPS CHIP in it when it doesnt any way they said they will contact RIM and advise further when they have a solution from them.