Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

blackberry curve 9220 app world problem

Hi everyone, I just bought a bb curve 9220 and I'm running through some problems with the installation of blackberry app world. When I click on the icon of the app world it says that I need to update the current version of the app in order to use it,, so I click on the 'upgrade button' and a blank web page opens starting to load, but nothing happens and I'm again on the app world reading the same error message.

Does anyone know what could the problem be?

The bb device software doesn't need to be upgraded since it is 7.1.0

Thank you and sorry for my bad english Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry curve 9220 app world problem

Hello!!

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

PS...

beamire wrote:

The bb device software doesn't need to be upgraded since it is 7.1.0

Maybe yes, maybe no...there are 4 octets to every OS level, not just 3:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

So there may well be a more recent OS for your device, but with only 3 octets, there is no way to compare. You can, however, look through the official download portal to find out:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodafone

It worked, thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are very welcome...enjoy!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220

Hi.I have tried doing that but it doesn't help at all..I have reinstalled the app World and when  I try to launch the app world it asks me to upgrade it but when I try to upgrade it it shows a message reading: "A communication failure has occurred...........Please contact service provider" even though I am connected to internet and its working well and I the software is 7.1.0 and doesn't need to b upgraded.Can u help me with this?

Hall of Famer III

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

No...you need to do as the message instructs:

rokingpunk wrote:

"A communication failure has occurred...........Please contact service provider"

Good luck!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220

Hi! I did exactly the same. I deleted the app world then did the reboot as in taking the battery out and everything then after it was on I tried to download it from the link u have provided but its the same nothing happens and I am unable to download it

Hall of Famer III

OK...so what did your service provider say when you contacted them?

Please understand that, here in this community, we are merely other users like you -- we have no access to any "back end" systems to try and see why exactly this happens to you. Only your service provider can do that...and they only will do that if you do as the message you quoted instructs and contact them.

Good luck and let us know!