Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: tesco mobile

blackberry curve 9300- bbm isn't responding at all

My internet is connected, my mobile network is on, I have full signal and 3G is on. I have re booted my blackberry several times and researched other possible problems online and I cannot find any solutions or reasons as to why my blackberry messenger messages aren't sending. From time to time, the red clock appears next to the message but overall when I try to send a message an instant red cross appears. Also, none of my recent updates are updating. Furthermore, my text messages and soical networking applications are working perfectly! I have had a similar sort of problem with the same blackberry months ago. The problem solved its self after a period of approximately 48 hours. However, I cannot wait two days the next time my bbm decides to not respond... So I rang a customer care advisor and she told me delete and re-install blackberry messenger which I have done yet I am stuck with the same problem. I have literally tried everything, somebody please help!! What are the steps to ensure that my bbm begins to function properly again? Thankyou very much x
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: blackberry curve 9300- bbm isn't responding at all

The three things I usually suggest in situations like this are to do a battery pull, resend your service books and reload your OS (doing each one in turn and seeing if the next step is necessary).  You've already done a battery pull (while your phone is turned ON, I hope).  Next, try resending your service books.  To do this, from your homescreen follow Setup>Email Accounts>Internet Mail Account>(Menu Key)>Service Books>(Menu Key)>Send Service Books.

If that doesn't do the trick, try reloading your OS.  To do this, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has connected, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  Pick a recent restore point and load it.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry9320
My Carrier: katelynn

Re: blackberry curve 9300- bbm isn't responding at all

I have a blckberry 9320 and I have tried all that and it still don't work.