Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bkackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

blackberry curve 9360 camera

hiya i bought my new blackberry from my mates mum, it was only brand new at christmas. she said when she had it the camera worked. but since ive had it, the camera doesnt work. ive tryed upgradeing the software and still not working when i try 2 open it it says, 'could not start the camera. close other applications and try opening the camera again' ive deleted all applications ive downloaded and its still not working. is there anyway i can send it off to blackberry to be fixed or can any1 help me pleas?? Smiley Sad

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: blackberry curve 9360 camera

What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.6.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bkackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: o2

v7.1.0.336

please help meSmiley Sad i'm a beautician and need to take pictures of my work to get more clients. thanks

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I think you need to wipe your device completely, and reload the operating system.

Follow these instructions first:

Article ID: KB15544 "Could not launch camera application" error appears when opening the camera on the BlackBerry smartphone

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code