Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9380
My Carrier: Mobile Vikings - Belgium

blackberry curve 9380 keeps crashing

hey,

my Blackberry curve 9380 (whcih i've had for 3 weeks) keeps crashing all the time, the loading square thingie appears and then it's stuck. after a while it even gives an error message. i tried pushing buttons, but the only solution so far is taking out the battery and re-installing it. then restart the phone (which normally takes 4 seconds but when it has crashed it takes 5 minutes...) i've installed the latest blackberry software, so that can't be it... can anyone please tell me why my blackberry curve 9380 keeps freaking out like that?

siincerely,

Kjaaps

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Re: blackberry curve 9380 keeps crashing

Hello

You didn't mention if have any applications Installed, if you do, then a safe boot can be done as it will stops any 3rd party apps from loading.

Safe boot: remove battery , hold down back key and reinsert battery when loading bar is 1/4 way you release the back key. You use the phone for about 4 hours see if any difference in performance.
New Contributor

well the only things i've downloaded so far are: opera browser, and some backgrounds. other than that it's app free... so i reckon that it probably won't be becaus of my 6 backgrounds or opera (which i need to get on the internet with my cellphone subscription...)

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN - SOUTH AFRICA

Some details about the error message might help pin point the cause of the problems.

As for me the square clock pops up mostly during internet browsing....clearing cache, history, cookies etc....puts a stop to the clock.
New Contributor

the error message, i can't give any details, since i have given my cell back to the wtore as it still is in waranty and so they will search for the errors.

as for the loading clock, sometimes it just appears and then all of a sudden my cell blocks...., don't think that it's normal that that thing appears and blocks even when you're not using internet, or clearing cache, history, cookies etc... now i know this sounds vague and all, but since i've only had this cellphone for 3 weeks, i hadn't figured everything out.