Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300 3g
My Carrier: Airtel

blackberry desktop software cannot update my error 507 9800touch phone

my blackberry desktop software cannot update and load an os to the phone. i have error 507 which means there is no os on my phone as i read somewhere. but the problem is.... i have tried all the intruction on the solution on error507 but to no avail. the device software alwas says " "There is no  BlackBerry® Software available." with Cancel, Update and Retry option. If I choose to Update the software it will say that no software is available... i even tried downloading the os6 for my fone and used the loader but it gets stuck at the last process with the same message "There is no  BlackBerry® Software available.

i have read around but no solutions. please help as am desperate

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: blackberry desktop software cannot update my error 507 9800touch phone

Please check carefully these instructions, most importantly the part about deleting VENDOR.XML file(s).

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now, use this process:

• KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

freexrythem wrote:

"There is no  BlackBerry® Software available." 

Most often, that message is the result of one (or more) of the following:

• There is no BB OS package installed to the PC, and there is nothing available from the carrier (as represented by the VendorID hardcoded into the device)
  • There is a BB OS package installed to the PC, but it is from a different (per VendorID) carrier, and the VENDOR.XML file(s) have not been deleted (which causes the installed package to be ignored)
  • There is more than one BB OS package installed to the PC...which can confuse the Loader tool

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................