Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: multiple

blackberry desktop software

To be honest I am not filled with a great deal of convidence in this software. I feel blind to what it does and it appears in my opinion to be very risky to use if you don't know what you are doing. Simply put it seems much too hard to be worth risk using. In any case i do need to manage my files and it seems very onerous not to have some kind of backup function. Still it would be nice to have some confidence in this program.

I would like to know what directories are syncable. how do I define this? I don't want all my media files transfered to my blackberry. Infact most media files should move from my blackberry to my computer. When I use the desktop software and click on the option pictures under media sync I get zero pictures being availaable on the device yet I know there are many photos on the playbook. This problem does not exist when i click videos. I can see those videos. In any case I am left to guess how I am suppose to use this software. It is simply too confusing.

I should be able to simply move my files off my playbook and into date defined directories on my computer in the same way I transfer my files from a camer memory stick to the laptop. movies and pictures move from the playbook to the computer. I am scafred syncing moving files from my laptop to the playbook. If this happens I want to know how to manage this.

Please do nopt direct me to the user guide becaue it is a useless piece of **bleep**. Besides if the softwae was designed correctly I wouldn't nee this. All I want is a best practises procedure for managing, archiving and traansfdring files from my playbook to my computer that is better then manually copying files.

Regular Contributor

Re: blackberry desktop software

When I see a button like sync all I have no idea what it means. What will transfer to my playbook? what will transfer to my computer. Where is this defined and managed? Much too difficult to understand in my opinion. I never want to hit sync all I want to be able to define what i sync and in which direction. Files need mainly to go from my playbook to my computer. I need more of an automatic import function.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: blackberry desktop software

If i follow this procedure my photos do not disply. there is a big glitch in the software. Hard again to import to my lapto in a reasonable way.

Import your pictures from your smartphone or tablet to your computer

When you connect your BlackBerry® smartphone or BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet to your computer, you can import pictures that are on your smartphone or tablet. You cannot import encrypted pictures from your tablet.
  1. Connect your smartphone or tablet to your computer.
  2. In the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, click Pictures.
  3. Click the Device Picturestab.
  4. If you want to import all your pictures, including pictures that have been imported previously, in the drop-down list, click All device pictures.
  5. Click Import.