Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry 8520
My Carrier: vodacom
Accepted Solution

blackberry device manager wiped my phone clean!

[ Edited ]

I am so upset, i cannot even begin to express my anger here.

Its almost 1am in the morning here in South Africa, I loaded blackberry device manager on my phone and attempted to communicate between my laptop and blackberry, but and this is a big BUT, the BB device manager ad nauseam kept on asking me for a device password. I typed and retyped my password a couple of times 4774!

Finally on my 10th attempt it wiped my phone clean!

I am so so upset, because I had some really important numbers that I saved on this handset today.

I mean tomorrow I cannot contact a business contact for a very important meeting.

I don't need this in my life right now. I am so upset, I am spitting up bile, honestly.

Can I donate this phone, thats what i honestly feel it is right now!

It is a 1 week old new phone with numbers imported from my old phone.

Don't ask about old phone!

I read some posts about the BB reading numbers as words... but I mean WT heck ?

Surely the folks at BB can see this is a common problem and DO SOMETHING TO PREVENT THIS THING FROM HAPPENING.

Bloody stupid device manager!

EDIT: Removed censored words

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: blackberry device manager wiped my phone clean!

Hi apothecary,

Sorry to hear the data loss in your BlackBerry.

Actually this is a default feature for device security, where entering password 10 times in a row will wipe your device clean. Is your device on BES (enterprise service) or BIS (individual service). If on BES then you can get back all the PIM data that are available on your desktop email program.

It is advised that you always keep a backup of your device data so that you can avoid these unforeseen events.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: koodo

Re: blackberry device manager wiped my phone clean!

This happened to me too! Last night it asked me for my password when I connected my phone to my computer (for the first time) . I put in my password a couple of times that I use to unlock the phone. When it said that everything was going to be deleted on the next try I quickly disconnected my phone from my computer. However when I went to use my phone the same message was on it. I tried using my unlock password but the whole thing turned off and starting wiping off everything. I lost everythings....notes, texts, memos, contacts, pictures....I am so upset!! Very valuable stuff....and some sentimental too!!

Please tell me if there is a way to retrieve all this data. Thank you for any help!

and what password was it asking me for anyways?? and where do I find it?